I am a practicing MGH fellowship-trained gynecologic pathologist and AP/CP board-certified with
additional specialty boards in cytopathology, and have been in active practice for greater than 20 years. I was an early adopter of using the internet for collaboration and learning, which resulted in my creating and founding CYTOPATHNET® , and subsequently, The Populist Cytologist. I also assisted with the initial website launches and creation for the ASCCP, the NCCC, and hosted the ASC Bulletin.
I have many interests, and am inquisitive by nature, always ready to learn or try something new. I enjoy sports, especially golf and weightlifting. I am also an amatuer musician and composer, with piano as my instrument of choice, and guitar. I was a member of the Army Reserve and served during Desert Storm.
Alright...here are some other tidbits about me that you may or may not know, so, for anyone who is reading this, you must have at least been a little curious.
This is what I did at 47yo.
UNITED STATES POWERLIFTING FEDERATION- at age of 47 I entered my first powerlifting competition. I set a personal best, and American Record for Masters 45-49 class in the deadlift of 275lbs.
Current (or darn close) CV:
CURRICULUM VITAEJana Cyrisse Sullinger, M.D. AmeriPath North Texas 4350 Alpha Road Dallas, TX 75244 (972) 934-4384
LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION
1991- : Texas License Registration (H9721)
1988: Diplomate American Board of Pathology, Combined Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
1992: Added Qualification in Cytopathology, American Board of Pathology
1988-1991: Assistant Pathologist, Registry for Research on Hormonal Transplantation Carcinogenesis of University of Chicago
1991-1995: Instructor, DPA Laboratories School of Cytotechnology, Dallas, TX
1991-1995: Assistant Director of Pathology, RHD Memorial Hospital, Dallas, TX
1991-2003: Courtesy Staff, Trinity Medical Center, Carrollton, TX
1991-2002: Courtesy Staff, Richardson Medical Center, Richardson, TX
1991-1995: Courtesy Staff, Dallas Rehabilitation Hospital, Dallas, TX
1991-2003: Active Staff, RHD Memorial Hospital, Dallas, TX
1993-1995: Medical Director of Cytology Services, DPA Laboratories, Dallas, TX
1993-1995: Medical Director and Program Director, DPA Laboratories School of Cytotechnology, Dallas, TX
1995-1998: Medical Director of Cytology Services, Unipath Laboratories, Dallas, TX
1997-1998: Quality Assurance Director, Unipath Laboratories, Dallas, TX
1997-2001: Medical Director, Unipath Laboratories, Dallas. TX
1991- (?) : Courtesy Staff, Mary Shiels Hospital, Dallas, TX
1991- (?) : Courtesy Staff, Terrell Community Hospital, Terrell, TX
1992-2004 : Clinical Assistant Professor of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
1994- (?) : Courtesy Staff, Denton County Community Hospital, Denton, TX
1998- current : Medical Director of Cytology Services, AmeriPath? North Texas, Dallas, TX 1998- current : Quality Assurance Director, AmeriPath? North Texas, Dallas, TX
"Case Presentation: Uterine Tumors Resembling Ovarian Sex-Cord? Tumors."Massachusetts Association of Medical Technology Meeting, Sturbridge, MA, March, 1990. "Light Chain Nephropathy."Society of Armed Forces Medical Laboratory Scientists Meeting (SAFMLS), Reno, NV, May, 1988.
"Evaluation of a Clinical Chemistry Analyzer for a Military Field Laboratory Unit using the NCCLS Document EP-10P."364th General Hospital, Ft. Devens, MA, May, 1987. "Field Tests on Four State-of-the-Art? Blood Chemistry Analyzers in a Mobile Laboratory Setting."340th General Hospital, Ft. Devens, MA, June, 1987. "Performance of Clinical Chemistry Tests and Urinalysis in a Military Setting."Texas Society of Cytology, North Texas Chapter, Dallas, TX, February 1995. “A Selection of Interesting Cases.”Texas Society of Cytology, North Texas Chapter, Dallas, TX, March 1996. “Lawsuits: Dressing for the Future.”Texas Society of Cytology, Annual Meeting, Dallas, TX, September 19, 1998. "Lawsuits: Dressing for the Future."
AWARDS AND HONORS
1. Doos, W.G., G.C. duMoulin, H. Jordi, H.W. Orf, R. Seder, W. Skea, and J. Sullinger. 1988. Field tests on four state-of-the-art blood chemistry analyzers in a mobile laboratory setting. Military Medicine 153, 81-86.
2. Sullinger, J., and P.E. Garrett. 1988. Evaluation of a clinical chemistry analyzer for a military filed laboratory unit using the NCCLS document EP-10P. Proc. SAFMKS, Reno, NV (abstract).3. Doos, W., D. Stephens, J. Sullinger, S. Fisher, and R. Ambraziejus. 1988. Deployment of a mobile laboratory- Gagetown 87. Proc. SAFMLS, Reno, NV (abstract).4. Sullinger, J., and P.E. Garrett. 1989. A clinical chemistry analyzer evaluated by NCCLS guidelines for use in a military field laboratory unit. Clin. Chem. 35(11), 2223-2226.5. Sullinger, J. and R.E. Scully. 1989. Uterine tumors resembling ovarian sex-cord tumors: A clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study. Mod. Pathol. 2, 93A.6. Sullinger, J., N. Harris, and D. Wear. 1989. Cat scratch disease: How to improve on diagnostic yield. Mod. Pathol. 2, 93A.7. Carpenter, C., and J. Sullinger. 1989. Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital (Case 12-1989): A 24 year-old man with right flank pain and recent fever. N. Engl. J. Med. 320(12), 790-799.8. Koroshetz, W., and J. Sullinger. 1989. Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital (Case 34-1989): A 74 year-old woman with vertigo and an adnexal mass. N. Engl. J. Med. 321(8), 524-535.9. Wyler, D., and J. Sullinger. 1989. Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital (Case 40-1989): A 40 year-old man with headache, fever, rash and thrombocytopenia after a Carribean trip. N. Engl. J. Med. 321(14), 957-965.10. Chapin, D., and J. Sullinger. 1990. Case records of the Massachussetts General Hospital (Case 29-1990). A 43-year old woman with low-back pain and a presacral mass. N. Engl. J. Med. 323(3), 183-189.11. Landry, J., J.E. Tepper, W. Wood, E.O. Moulton, F. Kerner, and J. Sullinger. 1990. Patterns of failure following curative resection of gastric carcinoma. Int'l. J. Rad. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 191, 1357-1362.
12. Rattner, D.W., and J. Sullinger. 1991. Case records of the Massachussets General Hospital (Case 28-1991). A 41 year-old-woman with right-lower-quadrant pain after a hysterectomy for endometriosis. N. Engl. J. Med. 325(2), 118-122.
13. Lahav, M., and J. Sullinger. 1991. Case records of the Massachussets General Hospital (Case 33-1991). A 74-year-old man with severe vascular disease, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, and loss of vision in the left eye. N. Engl. J. Med. 325(7), 494-504.
14. Goodman, A., J.C. Sullinger, L.W. Rice, and A.F. Fuller. 1991. Clear cell adenocarcinoma of the vagina: A second primary in a diethystilbestrol exposed woman. Gynecol. Oncol. 43, 173-177.
15. Guerina, N.G., and J.C. Sullinger. 1992. Case records of the Massachussetts General Hospital (Case 22-1992). N. Engl. J. Med. 326(22), 1480-1489.
16. Kato, D.T., J.A. Ferry, A.K. Goodman, J.C. Sullinger, R.E. Scully, B.A. Goff, A. F. Fuller, and L.W. Rice. 1995. Uterine papillary serous carcinoma (UPSC): a clinicopathologic study of 30 cases. Gynecol. Oncol. 59, 384-389.
17. Sullinger, MC and I Khan. 1998. Case of the Month. September 1998: Testicular carcinoid, primary vs. metastatichttp://www.ameripath.com/sep1.html.
18. Sullinger, JC. CYTOPATHNET Official Statement on Commitment To Quality. CYTOPATHNET (http://cytopathnet.org/CommitmentToQuality). January 9, 2006.