This feature was discontinued in March 2013.
I have investigated several educational packages, including very expensive products to open source tools. As the result of that investigation, I have narrowed down the choices for use on CYTOPATHNET to ATutor, an open source product that is now available through our Online Campus, http://campus.cytopathnet.org.
What are the advantages?
- Offers ability to offer online courses to registered CYTOPATHNET users in a central easily accessible arena.
- Offers the ability for CYTOPATHNET users to create their OWN online course/s for either public or private use. In the future, their may be the integration with an eCommerce tool to allow for users to charge a fee for access to their own course material (not yet available).
- Allows for online educational collaboration.
- Offers a tool for cytotechnology schools to use for education.
- Course material can be imported from other formats.
What are the disadvantages?
- Takes some time for users to learn how to navigate.
- Assignment of scores to individual questions is somewhat limited, in that partial scoring is not available at this time (ie. to assign scoring methods similar to Cytology PT scoring format).
- Takes time to enter questions, again with a learning curve.
Contributors to this page: admin
Page last modified on Sunday 19 of May, 2013 17:29:30 MDT by admin.
The content on this page is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.
- wiki page:
- wiki page: