Why Become an Author/Editor?
By becoming an Author/Editor on CYTOPATHNET, you will be venturing into a unique opportunity to be among the first to participate in the art of online collaboration in the field of cytopathology. As an Editor, you can elect to receive an email account at CYTOPATHNET, ability to set up your own personal Blog, and a personal web page (UserPageyourname). You will be able to access your CYTOPATHNET email account through your MyTiki area on CYTOPATHNET. In addition to all the benefits of being a registered user on CYTOPATHNET, you will receive additional privileges assigned to our Editors. You will also be listed on our Staff page as an Author/Editor on CYTOPATHNET.
If you want to contribute to CYTOPATHNET, please respect the standards described here.
- Page : In the CYTOPATHNET website, the term page is synonymous with Wiki page.
- Article: In the CYTOPATHNET website, the term article is synonymous with Article page.
- Compendium: In the CYTOPATHNET website, the term compendium refers to a collection of Pages, Articles, Directories, Files and Images centered on a specific topic.
- Files: In the CYTOPATHNET website, the term files refers to files listed in Files Directories or attached to a Wiki page.
- Images: In the CYTOPATHNET website, the term images refers to images in the Image Database or attached or uploaded to a Wiki page.
- Directories: In the CYTOPATHNET website, the term directories refers to the Directory containing links to sites of interest as included in a Wiki page.
All of these pages are integrated by means of a Wiki structure
- For examples. see Examples
Every page should follow uniform Formatting Standards that are applied in Requirements and Setup.
The Publication Status(http://cytopathnet.org/tiki-index.php?page_ref_id=33) is the hardcoded and commented version of the structure. If you add new pages, please add them with a visible indication TO CREATE so it can be added in structure. Cleaning and pages moving will occur frequently.
Become an editor
You will need to request permission to be an Editor in order for me to correctly set your user permission (Editors group). Please contact me admin at email@example.com. Include in your email the following information:
- Subject: Request for CYTOPATHNET Editor Permission
- Email address
- Regular mail address
- Phone number (in case I can't reach you by email)
- Information about yourself (attach either CV, resume)
- Brief statement about what your areas of interest are and how you feel you can contribute to CYTOPATHNET
Or submit online:
Current list of Editor Requests:
Choose some topic or feature
From the Publication Status page, choose the area you want to help author.
- Find content
- Write what is missing
- Write or revise the page so that it conforms to the relevant example as closely as possible (see Examples ). Check Formatting Standards to make sure you're handling mechanical matters such as headings, links, etc., correctly.
- Work collaboratively
- Update Publication Status so that other contributors know what you're working on (and what still needs to be done).
Contributors to this page: admin
Page last modified on Wednesday 27 of February, 2008 06:13:40 MST by admin.
The content on this page is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.