HPV Vaccine Not Cleared for Older WomenBy: Jana Sullinger, MD On: Mon 30 of June, 2008 18:21 MDT (8241 Reads)
The FDA has denied Merck's request to expand the use of Gardasil vaccine for older women 27-45 http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSWNAS917720080625?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0). The FDA stated that there were "..."issues" which precluded their approval..." of the request. The company is still pursuing its approval of intended expansion of vaccine use to males by year-end.
This issue is also discussed on US News & World Report, http://www.usnews.com/blogs/on-women/2008/6/25/bad-news-for-older-women-who-want-the-hpv-vaccine.html. You can also review our blog on this issue, and post your comments and thoughts, at the Populist Cytologist blog, http://cytopathnet.org/tiki-view_blog_post.php?blogId=4&postId=55.
The content on this page is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.
- ASCP Teleconference: Cervical Cancer Screening Guidelines
- Screening for Cervical Cancer: USPSTF in a Nutshell
- HPV Testing Algorithms Open Mic Session-ASC Meeting
- November 2011 Cervical Cancer Screening and Prevention: The Role of Molecular Testing Symposium
- New Cervical Cancer Screening Guidelines
- HPV Vaccine Not Cleared for Older Women
- 2006 ASCCP Guidelines Published
- wiki page:
- file gallery: