Help with Benchmarking
I'm doing a benchmarking project for my lab and I'm looking for labs that fall within the same general category.
1. We are a teaching medical center with an active residency and cytopathology fellowship program.
2. GYN - We utilize SurePath? and the Focal Point Profiler for gyn cytology. Our annual billable gyn's are arount 35,000 per year.
3. Non-gyn - SurePath? LBP along with cytospin procedures for low volume specimens. Both pathologist procured and radiologically assisted FNA service. Our non-gyn billables are about 3000 per year (700 of them are FNA's)
4. Cytotechs participate in research and lectures with and for the fellows and the residents.
5. LIS system is Cerner Millenium (without middleware)
This is what I'd like to benchmark against:
1. Number of cytotechs not counting the supervisor?
2. Division of duties among cytotechs (non-gyn tech, QC tech, etc)?
3. Number of cytoprep personnel per shift?
4. LIS system utilized (meditech, cerner, co-path, etc)?
5. FNA process (mobile cart vs fixed facility within CT or clinics)?
6. FNA process - who does the immediate assessment on assisted FNA's(cytopath, cytotech, resident or fellow)?
7. Dedicated admin support or central processing?
My Cytopathology Director would like to do several site visits to labs with similar processes and specimen numbers. Your response will help us out a great deal. Please email me directly with contact info if you can.
Stephen Feher, MS, SCT (ASCP)
Dartmouth-Hitchcock? Medical Center