Re: Study/prepare for test?
> Our lab is taking the proficiency test in October. The management here doesn't have or give out much information and has no plan in the event anyone fails (? other than no job?) We never got the PAP slides. Are there any materials/web sites, etc available so one can prepare for the test? I am willing to pay for my own study material.
> concerned cytotech
I encourage our CYTOPATHNET users to help along these lines in whatever way they can to provide some useful information/material on proficiency testing and post to this forum.
I do believe that CAP offers some training materials as well as MIME, if I am not mistaken.
CAP's 2005 Enhanced PAP Program
"Helping you prepare for gynecologic cytology PT"
The 2005 PAP Program has been expanded to help you prepare for successful completion of PT. You will receive:
- Two five-slide educational mailings, as always, in 1st and 2nd quarters of 2005
- One ten-slide "mock PT exam" using field-validated graded slides mailed in the summer - take a practice cytology PT test under conditions similar to those required by CLIA (New)
- Education on HSIL vs. LSIL and PT scoring (New)
- 15 days to complete educational and mock PT mailings
- Ability to fax results to the CAP for both educational and mock PT mailings
- Fax back of correct results within 20 minutes for all mailings
- 20 cases and CME/CE credits, as always
For more information, call the Customer Contact Center at 800-323-4040 option 1 #.
I would suggest giving them a call for more information. It appears that they have some online material available, but I am not sure how one signs up for that. Visit http://www.mimeonline.com/frameIndex.htm for additional information. I hope that helps.
I would also suggest that you monitor this conversation for notification of any updates.
I am preparing an area in the CYTOPATHNET Campus for tutorial area. I welcome any volunteers who wish to contribute towards this effort. Please contact me at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.